For which conditions is acupuncture indicated?
Acupuncture is indicated mainly for functional problems such as those that involve paralysis, noninfectious inflammation (such as allergies), and pain. For small animals, the following are some of the general conditions which may be treated with acupuncture:
- Musculoskeletal problems, such as muscle strains, arthritis or spinal disc pathology.
- Respiratory problems, such as feline asthma or chronic small airway disease.
- Skin problems, such as lick granuloma, feline eosinophilic granuloma complex and allergies.
- Gastrointestinal problems such as inflammatory bowel disease.
Neurological disorders, such as paralysis or nerve trauma.
Reproductive problems, such as infertility.
- Minor sports injuries.
- Keeping muscles and tendons resistant to injury.